SEO Basics From Semalt: Why SEO Content Matters
For any businesses looking to make a splash and raise their profile, there is one tried and tested method that is guaranteed to bring results - a strong online presence built on unique content.
In most industries, if you're not online, you may as well not exist, and websites are usually the first place that consumers will visit before making a purchasing decision. This makes the humble website a very powerful marketing tool and one that requires regular maintenance and investment.
Creating a website and getting it noticed takes time and effort though, something that many business owners are in short supply of. Time is money after all, and there is nothing more disappointing than failing to see an increase in traffic or a boost in sales from a website, despite the best efforts to raise its visibility.
It doesn't have to be this way though, and the solution comes in the form of unique SEO content.
What is SEO?
First, you may be wondering, what exactly is SEO? Let's start there before delving deeper into the dynamics of SEO content.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and involves using a variety of tools and techniques, such as web analytics, keyword research and link building to optimize a website so that it can be easily found by search engines like Google.
Basically, search engines crawl websites and online content such as blogs and videos to decide whether it's relevant or not for a particular search. The more optimized a website is, the more likely it is to be bumped up the rankings and into the top spots in search engine result lists, which is where all businesses want to be.
It may sound easy and straight forward, but search engine algorithms change on a regular basis, so staying ahead of the game requires ongoing analysis and review. That is where SEO content and expert help can make all the difference.
What is SEO content?
So, what is an SEO content and how is it created?
SEO content is a clever way to combine several SEO tools to create unique content that will make a website stand out from the crowd and attract the right traffic - the type that converts into sales.
For example, a cosmetic and plastic surgery company in Turkey wanted to increase web traffic through SEO to raise the profile of the business and increase sales, particularly in the UK market. As part of the solution, Semalt writers created unique content for the website for a period of six months, alongside other SEO techniques. The result was an increase in web traffic by 1,454 per cent and the website made it into the TOP-10 in search engine results. The success of the campaign led to business growth for the client and an expansion of their services across new regions.
The above case study is just one example of how SEO content can be used as part of a wider SEO campaign. More case studies about the successful application of SEO content can be found here.
Next, let's look at some of the techniques used to create SEO content that meets Google search engine criteria and helps to push websites to the top of search results:
- Web development - a well-designed website is the digital HQ and calling card for a company, as well as the first step to getting noticed online. First impressions matter as much online as they do in real life, and a good-looking website will attract new customers.
- Web analytics - analysing the website structure to identify improvements and gathering information about competitors is a sure-fire method to stay ahead of the game. Regular analytical reports then ensure the long-term success of an SEO campaign.
- Keywords - selecting the most relevant commercial keywords to attract a large target audience is a central part of SEO. Once identified, the keywords are distributed throughout the website to be picked up by search engine crawlers.
- Meta tags - after selecting the most relevant commercial keywords, meta tags are created according to the keywords under promotion to provide another SEO boost.
- Link building - technology is used to build links to niche-related web resources. Links are then integrated into unique content through a network of partner sites.
All of the above is centred around the creation of unique content for a particular product or service that a website is promoting. When properly optimized, the contents of a website are transformed into unique SEO content, and that is when the magic happens.
Types of SEO content
We have now looked at an overview of SEO and SEO content, but let's take a closer look at the different types of SEO content, starting with what is meant by the term "unique content".
Unique content is something that has been created for a specific purpose - for example, for a particular website. It involves original writing and/or images and videos, including key messages and information that is unique to the business. It's content that has been tailored to the individual needs of a client and has been crafted with the overall SEO strategy in mind.
Here are some examples of the main types of unique content that can be created to be used as part of an SEO strategy:
- Blog posts - blogging is a great way to create unique content and connect with website visitors by providing information and advice. Blog topics can also focus on keywords for an extra SEO boost and to align the content with the overall SEO campaign.
- About pages - an About page is a prime opportunity to explain to potential customers who you are, what you do, and how you can help solve a problem. It's also important to include keywords and optimized images on an About page for top SEO results.
- Product/service descriptions - this type of content helps to explain what a business does and should feature relevant SEO keywords to align with all other content and pages.
- Images - images are selected to best reflect the content and are then optimized by adding relevant titles and alt text to further ensure the content can be found by search engines.
- Videos - explainer videos are a useful tool to show customers what your business is all about and how you differ from rival companies. Effective video content creation will focus on developing the concept, writing the script and taking care of the production.
Working with SEO experts
Becoming an expert in a particular topic doesn't happen overnight. It takes time and experience to hone skills and gain knowledge. The same applies to SEO experts.
The online world of SEO and the process of creating SEO content can seem daunting and confusing, especially for busy business owners or those starting out on their SEO journey. But by working with experts, the process can be simplified and easily managed.
Semalt is a company that has been built by a team of SEO, IT and marketing experts to help clients make the most of their websites through the application of SEO tools and techniques.
With headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, Semalt is a Full-stack Digital Agency with the aim to make online businesses successful. For a decade, Semalt has been working with clients around the world by providing SEO promotion, web development, advanced analytics services, content creation and video production. As a result, more than 5,000 websites have been optimized to reach the top of Google search results by using Semalt's SEO solutions.
Semalt and SEO
The core of Semalt's expertise centres around two key services - AutoSEO and FullSEO.
AutoSEO is a tool designed for smaller businesses that want to increase site traffic but are not ready to make a big investment in SEO services. It's an inexpensive and easy way to sample SEO, especially for beginners. The service involves working with Semalt's specialists to identify keywords and link building opportunities to help a website move up the search engine ranks and promises 100 per cent effectiveness.
FullSEO provides integrated SEO solutions for larger businesses, people with several companies, or for those ready to invest a little more money into optimising a website. FullSEO is based on in-depth analysis, with a focus on unique content creation for significant website traffic growth and is a useful tool to send a website to Google-TOP.
With both AutoSEO and FullSEO, talented Semalt writers work with SEO specialists and engineers to optimize websites and create SEO-friendly content. Semalt's team has years of experience of creating unique content for the online sector and the writers are guided by SEO best practices to provide a finished product that ticks all the right boxes. The result is a positive return on investment and long-term results.
That is why SEO content matters, and why working with experts helps businesses to boost online visibility and increase sales through SEO.